Culture is definitely one of the leading fields in the implementation of Erasmus+ program. Contemporary needs as well as the increased awareness on cultural issues and identities call for the enhancement of the triangle heritage-creation-communication. Culture, in both its tangible and intangible forms, can be a pier of sustainable development and contribute not only to local economic growth but also to the shaping of future communities on more humanistic values.
The innovative aspect of DEN-CuPID is its holistic approach to cultural issues as well as
the fact that it aims at building a bridge between heritage assets (usually controlled by the public sector), innovative management practices, and entrepreneurial mentality and skills.
At the same time, the DEN-CuPID approach is compatible with fast-developing Local and Regional branding processes, established in order to re-valorize a specific area. Local products, heritage assets, landscape and nature, cultural manifestations, and even traditional ways of life, if properly evaluated and enhanced, can lead to the emergence of a stronger sense of shared identity and to the achievement of trust and cooperation among all stakeholders. Furthermore, the project’s results and good practices will stimulate a broader strategy towards Local and Regional branding, breaking through existing restrictions of sector-oriented approaches to localized development.
Aims and Objectives:
DEN-CuPID designs and develops high quality and innovative tools and training courses for coaching municipalities’ employees, as well as local and civil society actors involved or interested in cultural management projects and ventures. It involves three main piers of action:
– It offers a comprehensive course on cultural/heritage values and methodologies for effective management.
- It familiarizes the participants with financial instruments and funding opportunities.
Fostering new ideas
- It supports local actors in establishing cultural management as a tool for sustainable development.
- It stimulates entrepreneurial, creative and innovation skills, and the capacity to conceptualize and implement original projects and sustainable business plans.
- It encourages partnership and collaborative development between local authorities, local communities, and research/educational institutions.
- It offers the opportunity of international networking and exchange of good practices.